Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Premium Web Client

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 Premium Web Client

Hello All,

We downloaded and installed ACT Premium 2011 to evaluate since we currently use ACt Pro 2010.  One of the features we saw that we liked was the web access.  We went ahead and installed 2011 but I don't see the Web Site Administration tool that it talks about in the manual.  If I go to Tools menu in ACT I don't see it.  How do I installe the Web Admin tool?  Thanks everyone.

-Bobohost
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium Web Client

Copper Contributor

I was chatting with a sales rep and they gave me a link for ACT 2011 Premium.  It doesn't say anything about Web so maybe it's the wrong version.  On the ACT Site I don't see anything in the products page about ACT 2011 Premium Web?  It just shows the Pro and Premium with the check mark for Web Access. 

-Bobohost
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium Web Client ** Download Links

Hi Bobohost,

You can download the ACT! Premium for Web media here, just make sure you choose the right one as this link will take you to either:

http://www.act.com/download/premium2011/

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Tom
Copper Contributor

I purchased 4 copies of ACT premium and can not get it to install on two different  new laptops running win 7 64 bit.  I get an error message saying that the "operating system is not compatible."  I bought this product with the intent of synching the four databases.  Both have 6 gig of ram.  One has, a dual core and the other a quad processor running at over 2.5 ghz and over 250gb of hard drive.

What is the cure?

tom Hayes

Tom
Copper Contributor

Yes, it is thew newest version of ACT 2011 Premium.  On one laptop it will not install at all and on another one the main program will insttall, but not the Internet synch portion.  Both get the same error mesaage.  Both computers are running Win 7 Home premium 64 bit.

Need help as my setup time is nearing an end.

[ Edited ]

Tom,

First of all, you do not need to install the Internet Sync service on your client machines, only on the machine hosting the main database (Publisher). To work around the operating system error when installing ACT!, try the following:

• Click your WIndows Start button. Go to the Search box on the Start Menu. 
  •  In the Search box, type regedit. This will open your registry editor.
  • Backup your registry by going to File > Export.
  • Browse to following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion  
  • From the right-hand pane, double-click the ProductName item.
  • Change the value from "Windows 7 Home Premium" to "Windows 7 Ultimate".
  • Run your ACT! installation, then reboot your computer.
  • Change the value of the registry key back to "Windows 7 Home Premium"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tom
Copper Contributor

I have 2011 ACT Premium hotfix 2.  Do I also need to install sp1 for this product on all three computers plus the server in order to get ito work properply with three remote computers?

I already have the same database installed on three computers.  Do I have to resend this database to the three from the server in order to have them synch with the master on the server?

Also Where do I find a step by step idiots guide to installing ACT Premium   it on one server and then getting the database on the other three computers and then getting them to synch?. 

Tom
Copper Contributor

Where do I find workable instructions on how to import data into a drop down list for ACT 2011 Premium.

Does caller ID work in this version of ACT.  If not where can I find a replacement for this feature?  This was a major selling point for past versions and should be reinstituted.

Thanks,

Tom