Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Premium Web Access?

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 Premium Web Access?

Hello,

I'm looking at Upgrading a client of mine that is using ACT Pro 2010 to ACT Premium 2011.  Main reason is for the web access.  How does the web access work?  Any additional add-ons or software needed to setup the Web Access?

Thanks

-Bobohost
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium Web Access?

Additional software would not be needed, the main consideration would be the hardware and infrastructure.  Hosting providers are available is you don't have this. Otherwise, be sure to check system requirments for your webserver.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Great they do have Windows 2003 SBS so we could set that up as a IIS Web Server. 

-Bobohost

i just completed all of the setup and hosting in a remote location myself (did not use any hosting company and all self installed/configured), and now that it is humming along...it really is great. we are a small group, and for us this is a VERY nice feature and one that i think we will not be able to live without.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I think we are going to upgrade.

-Bobohost

We're a small company - 4 sales reps.

For web access does each user need to buy a copy of ACT and install on their laptop?

Do I need to buy additional licenses for each user to be able to access the database?

If I use my desktop as the server, does this mean I have to leave it on all the time?

If someone can direct me to documentation that outlines the different ways to setup Web Access and exactly how it works

Thank you.

Copper Contributor

Not sure on the web access part but in regards to the license questions the way it works is if you buy say 2 licenses you can load it on as many laptops or desktops that you want but only two connections will work to the database.   This allows your users to install it on their desktop as well as the laptop.

If you use a desktop as the host of the database it will need to remain on.

Hope this helps

-Bobohost
Platinum Super Contributor

With Act!, you will need a license for each user you will be defining in the database.  If you have 4 people that will be accessing the database, you will need 4 licenses so they can each have a unique username.  This is true of an installed Act! program as well as accessing through the web.

With Web access, you will not need to install the Act! program on the workstation.  You can connect to your database from any computer that has Internet Explorer (2011 also supports Firefox) and an internet connection. 

Here is a link to an article containing the Sage Act! Premium Web Administrator's Guide: KB Article 26795

Greg Martin
Sage