Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Premium - Screen Compatible Bitmap cannot be created.The Screen Bitmap format cannot be determined

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 Premium - Screen Compatible Bitmap cannot be created.The Screen Bitmap format cannot be determined

We are now getting this on two machines, when trying to look at the documents tab , we have tried the following :-

1. Adjusting the GDI values in the registry
  2. Installing and reinstalling ACT
  3. Downloading the latest drivers both Windows and Video Card
  4. Upgrading the Video Card
  5. Upgrading the Computer

We are running Windows 7 , it makes the ACT System unusable, any help gratefully received.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium - Screen Compatible Bitmap cannot be created.The Screen Bitmap format cannot be determined

How quickly does it take for this to happen after a reboot and/or closing Act! re-opening?

How many fields are on your Act! layouts?

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium - Screen Compatible Bitmap cannot be created.The Screen Bitmap format cannot be determined

UPDATE

I have found a fix temporarily that stops ACT from crashing and will display the icons in the documents tab , most of our machines run NVIDIA Cards with eith VIsta or Windows 7 if you roll back the driver to 197.45_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_international_whq.exe download form the NVIDIA Site which changes the driver to the April 2010 everything works much better.

Bronze Contributor

Andrew I have tested this on a client system and does not resolve so this problem still persists even with Hotfix 4. Am cautious to go up to Hotfix 5 as have found other issues with this. Using ACT 2011 BTW

a) Is there a document limit on the documents TAB as this is what my client is finding sets off this error?

b) Does anyone know the limit?

The main machine causing this is a Toshiba laptop and even opening on a desktop does not resolve so it must be internal in ACT!.

We have tried roll back video drivers without any success. Is there any answer or is this like the GDI error and just goes around and around in circles for years till people forget about it or is there a physical limit to how many documents can be attached to a single contact or company record.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I am geting the same error message (Act 2011) when I am putting potential clients into prospecting subgroups.  I am into the 167 entry.