Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Network Sync

ACT! 2011 Network Sync

Hi All,

Anyone have any clues as to why we are having massively variable performance for remote users syncing databases?

Setup is pretty straight forward;

Server 2003 32 Bit

ACT! 2011

ADSL2+ Internet connections at both ends with average performance, not brilliant, not bad.

It's not uncommon for user to Sync in a couple of minutes in the morning, only for it then to take a number of hours a few hours later. There's no real pattern.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 Network Sync

[ Edited ]

Hello matt917k,
The sync time can be affected by the connection speed, firewall, connection type, and the amount of data being synced. Here are some possibilities:
- In the morning there may be less data to sync as nothing was done overnight; there may be more data to sync later in the day
- Check your ISP and see if they have had connection/performance issues or usage spikes at certain times of the day
- Check the sync logs in ACT! (from the Synchronization Panel in the main database). See how much data was synced in the afternoon compared to morning.
- Are there other applications or tasks utilizing your connection at the same time the users are syncing? Are all the users syncing at about the same time?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: ACT! 2011 Network Sync

Thanks Greig,

Sorry you took me a littl bit too literally. When I said morning/afternoon that was just an example, can be the other way around. I have seen cases where you do a sync that works fine and then immediately do it again and it runs for hours.

I'll have a look at the logs, but was hoping for a simple solution!