Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 - Importing Contacts

ACT! 2011 - Importing Contacts

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with importing contacts (from Excel) into ACT!2011?  I have done this with my current version of ACT!2008 Premium, but the company is not automatically created for each contact uploaded which is a bit of a pain because each one has to be done manually.  I know there are add-ons for this type of capability, but was wondering if maybe upgrading to 2011 would also solve my problem? 

Any feedback (or even other suggestions for additional software that people have used) would be helpful.  I would prefer to upgrade to 2011 and get some of the other newer features, but I am open to temporary fixes in the meantime until we are forced to pay the upgrade fee.

Thanks!

Dan

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 - Importing Contacts

Dan,

The Act! 2011 import process behaves the same concerning the creating/linking to Companies as it is in previous versions.  It will not create a Company record during the import of a contact.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the prompt reply Greg. Looks like I will be shopping for an add-on tonight!

Dan
Copper Super Contributor

you might like Patricia Egen Consulting's Company Wizard.

http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html

a shameless plug for Pat and Don.

Leslie Munson
ACT! Certified Consultant
Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
Patricia Egen Consulting,LLC
Leslie@egenconsulting.com
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Thanks for the recommendation!  I am going to buy the Company Wizard and see how that works.  I like the price!  Other add-ons that I've found have way more functionality, but I literally only need the ability to automatically create company records from imported contact lists. 

We use an online lead generation tool that provides a daily report of contacts that are requesting product information, so for me to have a tool that will automatically create companies when I import an excel spreadsheet of data is perfect.  Seems like a pretty simple task and I didn't really want to buy a software program where this particular function is a subset of the overall capability of the add-on.....so thanks again! 

I will post my feedback once I've had a chance to use it.

Dan