Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2011 HF5 gives "FeatureManager" error

Loyal Listener

ACT!2011 HF5 gives "FeatureManager" error

After updating to HF5 today I started getting the "ACT!" error (red X) window with the text "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FeatureManager' Key being added: 'FeatureManager'". This happens intermittantly (but multiple times) when I make the menu choice Write -> E-mail Message. The ACT! error is displayed in front of the newly opened Outlook window for composing the email. I have never seen this error before.

ACT! seems to remain functional. LOutlook usually remained functional, The last time I closed and reopened Outlook I got the message that Outlook was no longer functioning. It was able to recover the .PST.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks,

Jioe M

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT!2011 HF5 gives "FeatureManager" error

Given that you indicated you had to restore your .pst maybe you have a damaged Outlook file and you should look at finding the souce of this first as I would think this may be the cause of the interface giving issue

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Loyal Listener

My assessment is that a previously corrupted .PST file is possible, but very unlikely. I did not have the Outlook problem until after I got the ACT! error and later decided to stop and restart Outlook. That makes sense if the aCT! error caused the Outlook error; it does not make anywhere near as much sense if you assume that the Outlook error caused the ACT! error.

The only thing changed today on my computer was ACT! going from HF4 to HF5. Since the update I have had two different flavors of ACT! internal errors. I have closed and restarted Outlook numerous times. I only got the Outlook error just after I got the ACT! error. The time span from the successful start of Outlook, through the ACT! error, and the problem message from Outlook was less than 5 minutes. Much of that time was my noting down details fo the ACT! error.

Thanks for your interest,

Joe

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Jioe,

Close ACT! down and rerun the hot fix, see if this helps

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Loyal Listener

Kurt,

Did so and haven't had the error since. Not sure if this is a fix. I have gone about as long without the error as interval from when I first applied HF5 and got the one error.

I aso did something different this time around. The HF5 instructions said to kill the Act.Outlook.Sync [rocess, but did not mention the Act.Outlook.Service process. This time around I killed both before installing the hot fix.

Thanks,

Joe