Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 premium shared database "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

ACT 2010 premium shared database "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

[ Edited ]

I have ACT 2010 premium shared on 2 computers. Every day I need to reboot computer after 50-80 record changes due to System.OutOfMemoryException.

This week ACT refused to come back up on one of the computers. I got the following error message

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Attempting to deserialize an empty stream.

After checking this board for advice, I uninstalled and reinstalled Act on that computer.

Now when ACT comes up on that computer I get the following error message

Index was outside the bounds of the array

Also the task list was all messed up and any records I touched had date fields revised by -1 day.

Checking this board all replies relate to Outlook which I do NOT use.

Sage Support gave the following advice

The error can be resolved by installing Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

That didn't help so I uninstalled & reinstalled ACT again.

Got same error message

BTW I check frequently for updates because of the first problem & always get the no updates message but I have purchased this upgrade in March. ACT 2009 had the same problem for short time but an update was made to solve the problem. WHY CAN'T this problem be fixed? I have seen numerous complaints about it here.

The reinstalled program shows ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3 but the original program shows ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.

Re: ACT 2010 premium shared database "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

I posted original message a couple weeks ago? Doesn't anyone have any advice???

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 premium shared database "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Hello Cathy,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

The original message 'Resolution of Dependency' is commonly caused by corrupted ACT! Preference files.  You mention that after uninstall/reinstall the Task List is all messed up - if you are referring to seeing 'Mini-calendars' in the calendar views, that is also an indication of corrupted Preferences.

Here is an article with steps to rebuild the ACT! Preference files, use the steps for 'Alternate Method - Manually Delete Preferences':

- cause of Mini-Calendars: KB Article 21042

- rebuild Preferences: KB Article 14770

Since you are using a Shared database, you will want to update the program to the 12.1 build - to match other workstations.  For information on updating visit this article: KB Article 25927

Greg Martin
Sage