Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2010 and Office 2010 incompatible problem unsolved

Copper Elite Contributor

ACT!2010 and Office 2010 incompatible problem unsolved

This issue isn't solved contrary to another message in the forum.

We are having issues with Outlook 2010 and Word 2010.

Ensuring compatibility needs to be a high priority. I remember similar probs as each new version of Office has been introduced. Especially frustrating since we just upgraded out PCs to get ACT! to work better.

Disappointed that this wasn't foreseen.Should there be a warning here to prospective Office 2010 users that ACT!2010 is incompatible?

Cheers,

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Stephen Buckland
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2010 and Office 2010 incompatible problem unsolved

[ Edited ]

As a previous post says the issue is related to installing Office 2010 64 bit and 32 bit? Will Sage offer a hotfix soon for compatibility with Office 2010 32 bit at least?

Stephen Buckland
Copper Contributor

Hmmm.. I'm not really sure what you expect them to do here.

How can you expect an already released piece of software to support something Microsoft only just made available recently? You can't develop for BETAs or RC releases as they are subject to change up until he day of release. 

Imagine spending hundred of man hours on developing for a BETA or RC for Microsoft to then say "see this module you were pluging into, well we've just changed it for x y z reason."

Also, since Sage will already be working on ACT! 2011 and this will be their current working project , they is no reason to go back to old versions.

When it was released they published system requirements.

Copper Elite Contributor

I'm simply warning prospective upgraders to Office 2010 who use ACT!. If Sage says "we're working on it" or "it can't be done" we'd know where we stand. This is customer relationship management software after all.

Stephen Buckland
Copper Elite Contributor

Incompatible with Excel 2010 too Smiley SadWhen we came to do our end of month export of the pipeline to Excel 2010 of course ACT!2010 wouldn't export.

Not meaning to up the ante, just keep ACT! 2010 users informed that it's not comaptible with Office 2010.

I'm most willing to test any workarounds Sage might offer.

Stephen Buckland
Copper Contributor

Funny - They still haven't fixed the Bugs from Act 2007 with the new version of Act 2010 - Act is an expensive software to buy un upwards of $2000 for 10 users and limited on help - With tech support in India that causes you to loose your mind because you know more about the program than they do.

You would think rather than trying to force people to have to buy the ACT 2011 to be able to work with Office 2010 that they would work fast at an update for 2010.  It seem's as if they are wanting people to buy a usless software that doesn't not seem to work correctly!

Copper Contributor

Mr. Hollister

You keep stating the same thing on the post.  When can we expect a fix or update - I am still waiting on other fixes from when I bought 2010 that were known issues at the time when they released - they still haven't fixed them.

Would be nice to see IT'S FIXED!

Platinum Elite Contributor

I certainly understand the need, which is why the post was created. As of now, I do not have a timeframe as to when an update for Office 2010 will be available, but when I do, I will most certainly pass that information along via the update post.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

waste of time
Copper Contributor

Ok so have we found a fix for this yet?  I see you can't put kudo's on my other posts you all are now monitoring who can comment on what now!  Funny

Sure would be nice to have a product that actually worked!