Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 Scheduling Activities from Different Time Zones Using Remote Desktop to Access Server

ACT! 2010 Scheduling Activities from Different Time Zones Using Remote Desktop to Access Server

Seeking help...

Our ACT! database resides on our server on the East Coast.  We have a salesman in the Midwest and one on the West Coast who access ACT! using Remote Desktop (we have found that his is much faster than accessing via the web).  The problem is that when either of these salesmen schedule an activity, it uses the time on the server (East Coast).  When using the web, there is a menu item to set the time zone for each user, but when running ACT! from the server, there is no such menu item.  Is there any way (running ACT! remotely, as we are) to set the time zone for each user, so that their scheduled activities use the correct time?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some assistance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Scheduling Activities from Different Time Zones Using Remote Desktop to Access Server

Using synchronization or ACT!@ for the WEB would resolve your problem but not using remote desktop to the server.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT! 2010 Scheduling Activities from Different Time Zones Using Remote Desktop to Access Server

Thanks Roy.

Unfortunately, the web interface is unbearably slow for us, so we really want to stick w/ using Remote Desktop (which is remarkably fast).

Here's my last ditch question: 

I came across a knowledge base article titled 'How To Use the Change Time Zone Function in ACT! 2005 or Later Diagnostics' 

See: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1358...

Is this solution applicable to ACT! 2010 and would it solve my problem using Remote Desktop?

Thanks again,

Ken

That only changes the activities that have already been entered.

Maybe look at a hosted Web solution like http://glcomputing.actondemand.com/

I'm assuming that you are running the ACT! program via remote desktop rather than running the ACT! program locally and accessing the database vie remote desktop. In that case there isn't any fis for your problem. The scheduling time zone information goes by the machine where the ACT! program is located. Your answer is to use synchronization.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129