Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Rollout Problems - TODAY!

Copper Contributor

ACT 2010 Rollout Problems - TODAY!

[ Edited ]

So today is the roll-out for ACT 2010 internally - we never go with the latest version because we can't afford the glitches. Here are the things I'm having problems with if anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it. 

1) Lookup Date Field "= Today" pulls up dates for tomorrow (i.e. Callback Date = Today returns callbacks with tomorrow's date) That means that all the groups I have that are looking at "Today" are all broken and it's slowing things down a ton for all the users to have to create queries. 

2) Lookup by example returns message "No contacts were found that meet the specified criteria" even when I KNOW there are contacts that meed the criteria. 

3) Opportunity descriptions will not allow me to put more than 65 characters in there when our product descriptions are 500 characters or so. We use the name as the description field because we have similar items that need to show up with details on the quote and we don't want everyone to have to type in 500 characters (or copy and paste) on every item they add. 

Other than that, we're doing good, anyone have any ideas?

Edit - Noob mistake, here's my ACT version info:

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1
English (United States)

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Rollout Problems - TODAY!

So, the date lookup = today appears to only be broken for any custom date fields we have, the default "Edit Date" works correctly. I went into our custom layout to check the field attachment and in the properties dropdown for the "Field Value" does not contain any of the custom fields we created before upgrading...??? Anyone...Bueller...

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Rollout Problems - TODAY!

[ Edited ]

Many things seem to be broken for custom fields - e.g., when you do a lookup - you CANNOT sort on any custom fields - so that means if you have a long list - you have to waste time doing more and more sorts.