09-04-2009 06:58 AM
(Build 12.0.409.0 running on Vista Business 32-bit 3Gb ram).
Issue: On a database that was updated from V 11.1, when adding a new contact record, after entering a phone number in the phone field, I can click in another field - no problem, but on clicking the Save icon the error "This contact no longer exists in the database" appears. On clicking OK the screen refreshes and the phone filed is blank.
Have run check and repair,and database rebuilds and fixes from ACT Diag. Problem persists. Problem does not appear in the demo database, or in a newly created database, only the upgraded one. No errors were seen during the upgrade process.
09-08-2009 12:17 PM
Additional information. This problem seems to be related to the Phone field Country not being correctly picked up. I have "United Kingdom" in My Record, but if I check the formatting after creating a new contact record it appears as "", (not "United States ", or "United Kingdom  as I would have expected).
If I correct the country here, or enter "United Kingdom" in the Country field, the error goes away.
09-16-2009 08:33 AM
We are having the exact same problem. Just upgraded to version 10 and started noticing that if we go in and try to update a phone number on a contact and save it we get this error:
When I read this post I checked and sure enough the country code is set to "1" instead of "United States 1". The format is set to freeform so the Apply Phone Masks command in the ACTDiag did not correct, though I did give it a try.
Anyone else found a solution to fix this yet?
09-16-2009 09:31 AM
In my case the problem was caused by my own impatience. I upgraded a ACT 11.1 UK database using the 12.0.409.0 download off the ACT.com site. I then applied the Hotfix 1 UK patch.
It turned out that if I now repeated the upgrade from ACT! 11.1 to 12 with the UK Hotfix 1 patch already installed the problem went away.
Not sure if that helps!
09-21-2009 06:00 AM
.... and then the problem came back again.
Probable solution would be to start with a new database then import the existing data, but as I have a large number of custom fields that will take some time, so as a work around I have set a default value on "United Kingdom" in the Country field, which seems to be working at the moment.
09-22-2009 01:45 AM
You can set the default in Tools > Define Fields. Then select the Country field, then click Next, and it's on that page, HOWEVER, before you do that, I have just installed ACT2010 HotFix 2 and (touch wood) it seems to have sorted this probelm as well so I would give that a whirl first.
12-22-2011 09:39 PM
After trying all suggestions like ACTDIAG, looking at field length the post with a comment about the Phone field and what Country code he had helped me. I found out I created new contact records when importing from TXT/Excel file that did not have for each record a COUNTRY field value. After looking for all empty data in country field and replace with United States I was GOLDEN!!