Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 Prem HF4 Sync Error: The channel 'SyncClient' is not registered with remoting services

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2010 Prem HF4 Sync Error: The channel 'SyncClient' is not registered with remoting services

I am trying to get a remote database to sync successfully again after having successfully synchronized twice.  The publisher database is on a Windows 2003 terminal server and using the Network sync service.  The laptop with a wireless connection that needs to connect three different ways to the terminal server.  Two including connecting wirelessly using 2 different IP addresses: One for "in office" and one for "out of office".  While in the office the laptop accesses the main database using terminal services and an internal IP.  When out of the office the laptop connects to the terminal server with terminal services using the out of office IP.  A remote database was created to collect data while not connected to the internet.

Once back in the office the remote should sync with the main database on the terminal server.  I am aware that sync can be setup with Network sync over the internet but Terminal Server licenses had to be purchased for other reasons.  

I setup network sync and it worked twice before getting these errors on the subsequent sync attempt.  The error that first appeared was the "out of memory error" on the server as seen in the sync log appended to this post.  I stopped and started the network sync service ran the sync again and didn't get the memory error but got the error listed in the subject line:  'SyncClient' is not registered with remoting services.  

Because it worked before you wouldn't think that the change needed would be that drastic.  Any guidance or suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Thank you.

[ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:08 AM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
  3 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:09 AM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are
  4 available for sync.
  6 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:21 AM ]Message: Client establishing
  7 synchronization with server database: <publisher database on the terminal server>
  9 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:23 AM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
 11 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:23 AM ]Message: Checking if data changes are
 12 available for sync.
 14 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:27 AM ]Message: Client initialized database send
 15 session: 2
 17 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:37 AM ]Message: Client initialized.
 19 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:38 AM ]Message: Client schema synchronized.
 21 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:57:53 AM ]Message: Server initialized.
 23 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:58:19 AM ]Message: Server schema synchronized.
 25 [ Info | 2/11/2010 9:58:21 AM ]Message: Files synchronized.
 27 [ Error | 2/11/2010 9:58:42 AM ]Message: Synchronization has failed.
 28 Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server.
 29 Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author act_enthusiast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Prem HF4 Sync Error: The channel 'SyncClient' is not registered with remoting services

I don't know that there is only one answer to your issue, and others will most likely chime in, but I have had this issue when database changes (schema changes) were made on the server.  The client will sync (and get the changes) once, or twice, and then subsequent syncs will throw the error you mention. I have had success with simply closing, and reopening the client instance of ACT!, and it will then be off and running just fine.  It seems to be that first/second sync after db changes.

Also, just FYI, after you "close" ACT!, double-check via task manager to ensure ActSage.exe is not still running - sometimes it hangs around.  Good luck, hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author act_enthusiast
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Prem HF4 Sync Error: The channel 'SyncClient' is not registered with remoting services

I don't know that there is only one answer to your issue, and others will most likely chime in, but I have had this issue when database changes (schema changes) were made on the server.  The client will sync (and get the changes) once, or twice, and then subsequent syncs will throw the error you mention. I have had success with simply closing, and reopening the client instance of ACT!, and it will then be off and running just fine.  It seems to be that first/second sync after db changes.

Also, just FYI, after you "close" ACT!, double-check via task manager to ensure ActSage.exe is not still running - sometimes it hangs around.  Good luck, hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Thank you Richard yes it was a similar experience here too.  There were some field additions that needed to be synched back.  I shut down ACT! and ran the sync again and it worked.  I also found KB# 24208 which addresses this issue dated 10/29/09.  This was classified as a "reported issue with no current solution".  David Lunceford also addressed this in a prior post here: Sync Error  

It happened to work without having to go into the Task Manager.  

On a side note I like your blog too.