Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Perm, Outlook 2007

Tuned Listener

ACT 2010 Perm, Outlook 2007

We are having a very interesting issue with one of out machines. We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 3.

The issue is when we start Outlook we get the error that it cannot find the ACT dabase and would you like to setup. First thing, we have out database on the server moused on s:\act\zms.pad. When you open Computer it shows the connection is green and you can open the directory where the .pad file is. When I open Outlook, I get he message that that it cant find the ACT dtabase.I click the "add" button and "browse" and the mouted drive now shows with a red X says its not availabe. I then click ont he mounted drive and I can surf to the .pad file. I type in the username/password and click okay. After about 30 seconds it pops up a box says the database cannot be loaded and contact administrator.

This is only happening on one macine, all the rest are working perfectly. Anyone have an idea of what is going on? I'm probably going to try to uninstall/reinstall ACT tonight.

James Van Cleef

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2010 Perm, Outlook 2007

Figured out the sulutions from reading another thread: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Problems-accessing-database-not-properly-configured-and-databas...

Soluton: Turn off windows firewall.