Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010, Limited Access to Record Creators

ACT! 2010, Limited Access to Record Creators

We have an ACT! 2010 main database that synchronizes to 14 remotes. 8 of those remotes have limited access.

However, we've been running ACT! for many years, so we have one user in particular who created hundreds or thousands of records in the past that he should no longer have access to. But as the Record Creator, I can't seem to limit his access to them.

Is there a way to stop a Record Creator from seeing a record?

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2010, Limited Access to Record Creators

I have just tried this myself, I thought the replace field might have worked but for Record Creator, it seems to be a locked! Therefore, the only thing I can think of is deleting the user, reassigning all the records to another user, then creating a new user account. After checking though, the Record Creator remains the same.

So, from my limited knowledge, you'd be able to Limit Access having already used an administrator account to remove the user of concern, giving them a new user account (with a slightly different username), using a lookup query to find all the contacts where where the record creator equals 'theoriginalusername', tagging all the records and then using Limit Access.

I just tested this theory and it works well, but it does mean using Limit Access quite a lot :-)

Hope this helps

That's a pretty good idea, actually, and it's actually manageable for the two accounts in question, as their user names aren't quite right.

Aside from that, the territories are pretty clearly defined, so it's probably doable.

Thanks!

Tuned Listener

Glad I could help!