Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Information in fields does not save

Copper Contributor

ACT 2010 Information in fields does not save

Our business upgraded from ACT 2006 premium to 2010 premium. The issue we are having is the information typed is not being saved. When in the Contact view, If you type any kind of information in the field, hit save, got to the contact list  it does not show in the column or if you go back in to the contact. Normally an agent has to fill out about 15 fields after a sale and it has to be done 3-4 times just for it to actually save, quite an annoying process.
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Information in fields does not save

[ Edited ]

Clearly this is not performaing as designed!

The first recommendation i have is to get all users to exit ACT.  use the ACT Diag utility on the machine (Usually a server) that is hosting the ACT database and run all the rebuilds and database reindex.  here is a knowledge article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

Timm Ryan-Young

ACT Certified Consultant

Infinity Info Systems

<Shortened knowledgebase article link>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-16-2009 08:34 AM
Copper Contributor

I tried to re-index and did everything else in that article but I'm still having the same issue. I noticed that if someone else has the contact open it will not save, unless the other user gets out of the contact, then I go back into the contact and save. Does this seem like a permissions problem?
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

to clarify, they save if no one else is on teh record?  but if someone is on the record they do not?
Copper Contributor

^ That is correct.
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

Anybody know what may be causing this issue?
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance
Copper Contributor

Unsderstood.  did you follw my suggestion from my earlier post - run all the rebuilds and repairs in the diag?

T

Timm Ryan-Young

Copper Contributor

Hi Timm, I did what you suggested but stil having the same issue. Anything else I should check?
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance

I am having the same problem. After entering data into fields and selecting "Save new", I get an error message reading "This contact no longer exists in the database" and all that I have entered is expunged. 

Having to "save" is a retrograde step from previous versions, which simply saved the entered record when one moved to another record or activity.

Is 2010 going to prove to be a Vista?

Copper Contributor

Just found out a little bit more about this error.  The only way to save information entered is the very first time you lookup the client. For example, say I run a query for the last 7 days (sent date), then click on the client I want, then type in anything in the last results, then go back to contact list the information is saved. But... if i try to go in to same contact again and clear or type something else in the field it does not save it when i go back to the contact list. The only way it will resave the new information is if i redo the query and go in to that contact again.
-Alex
Serenity Group Insurance