Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 - How can I change the Currency Symbol?

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2010 - How can I change the Currency Symbol?

ACT! 2010 Premium

How can I change the Currency Symbol in my Database?

The change will be from PESETA (España) to currency  symbol used in Colombia ($)

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2010 - How can I change the Currency Symbol?

[ Edited ]

The currency symbol is defined when you create a database, and can't be changed afterwards.

At the time of database creation, the currency is taken from your Windows regional settings. Although later versions of Act allow any currency to be specified at creation, it still cannot be changed afterwards.

I suggest you create a new database with the correct currency sign, and import the the existing database into it. Test this on a small database first, just in case the old currency sign is imported as well.

Or perhaps someone knows if there's an SQL hack for this?

John Bloxham

Swiftpage International Business Partner

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2010 - How can I change the Currency Symbol?

[ Edited ]

The currency symbol is defined when you create a database, and can't be changed afterwards.

At the time of database creation, the currency is taken from your Windows regional settings. Although later versions of Act allow any currency to be specified at creation, it still cannot be changed afterwards.

I suggest you create a new database with the correct currency sign, and import the the existing database into it. Test this on a small database first, just in case the old currency sign is imported as well.

Or perhaps someone knows if there's an SQL hack for this?

John Bloxham

Swiftpage International Business Partner