Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - After a while using ACT the characters typed do not match the key pressed

ACT 2010 - After a while using ACT the characters typed do not match the key pressed

I upgraded from 2009 to 2010 with no problems as far as the installation was concerned.  I have also installed Hotfix 3.

I logon onto ACT and start using in the normal way with no problems and then all of a sudden the characters appearing in ACT fields do not correspond to the keys pressed on my keyboard.

The problem is sometimes curred by just shutting down ACT and then opening Act again.  Most times I have to reboot the whole computer.

This problem occurs at least once a day.

I have been in touch with Sage Tech Support and they suggested reinstalling the software.  Done.  Problem re appeared.  Going into run: Actdiag and then using the rebuild database features.  Done.  Problem re appeard.

This problem did not happen with ACT 2009.

My computer is using Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3, 3Gb RAM, AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, Office 2007

I keep up to date with Microsoft patches and updates.

Sp folks, any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - After a while using ACT the characters typed do not match the key pressed

It may be a compatibility issue with your keyboard driver. I would try going to your computer or keyboard manufacturer's website and see if there is an updated driver for your keyboard.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.