Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 won't install

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 won't install

Hi There,

I have had to restore Wndows XP and now I cannot install ACT! 2009 Premium. The install starts and gets to installing net 2.0, box pops up saying needs reboot, then restarts with the same loop until it gets to net 2.0, then it starts all over again.

Windows XP Media Center Edition

Version 2002 Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

1.80 GHz 2.00 GB of RAM

Norton Internet Security (was disabled during setup) 

Pamela Rosen

Pamela Rosen

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author PamelaRosen
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 won't install

Finally all is working correctly after removing all parts of old install (of course, I had great help!) It would have been better for me to reformat and install windows than doing the restore. Won't do that again!

I appreciate it greatly!

Pamela Rosen

View solution in original post

All Replies

Try to install .NET Framework 2.0 manually.  You can find it in the Dependencies folder on the CD - dotnetfx.exe
Copper Contributor

Hello David,

I tried your suggestion and here is the error I received:

Error 25015. Failed to install assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatability.dll' because of system error: 0x80131107

Pamela Rosen

Pamela Rosen
Nickel Elite Contributor

Please do this:

1) Download the .NET Cleanup utiity:

http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip 

unzip and choose to clean up the version of the .NET Framework that is causing problems on your

system, in your case it is .NET 2.0, note a reboot may be necessary after the uninstall.   

2) Reinstall the .NET 2.0 package from the ACT! media, under the Dependencies folder

3) Reinstall the ACT! Product.

That should do it for you.

Please post your results.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the information. Here's were I stand now. I was able to get the net 2.0 installed and got most of the way through installing ACT! 2009. Here's what happened next:

1st error:  MS SQL Server 2005 Setup: There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard. You may review the setup logs/and or click the help button for more information. (See next)

Product: SQL Server

ID:  5000

Source: setup.rll

Version: 10.0

Component: SLQ Server Native Client

Message: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file '%,*is'.

Explanation: An attempt was make to install (or update) SQL Server Native Client on a computer where SQL Server Native Client is already installed, and where the existing installation was from an MSI file that was not named sqlncli.msi.

User Action: To resolve this error, uninstall the existing version of SLQ Server Native Client. To prevent this error, do not install SQL Server Native Client from an MSI file that is not named sqincli.msi.

(I am not sure, should I uninstall using Add/Remove Programs?)

2nd error: ACT! Installer has failed to install SQL Express successfully. Please retry the install or Contact the support.

Please advise how I should handle this.  

Pamela Rosen
Nickel Elite Contributor

Does this machine have SQL 2008 installed on it?  The file version error leads me to believe that there is an element of a SQL 2008 edition on this machine.

You should be able to see if it is installed by looking @ Add/Remove programs via Control Panel.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

All I could find is:

Microsoft SQL Native Client version 9.00.3042.00

Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files version 9.00.3042.00

Thanks again,

Pamela Rosen
Nickel Elite Contributor

Go ahead and uninstall those components.

Reboot.

Attempt your install again.

I think because of the munged .NET components previously have orphaned these items.

Post your results.

thanks. 

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

I followed your instructions and now I'm back to this message:

ACT! Installer has failed to install SQL Express successfully. Please retry the install or Contact the support.

I now have in the control panel:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Microsoft SQL Native Client version 9.00.3042.00

Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files version 9.00.3042.00

Microsoft SQL Server VVS Writer

Any more suggestions?

Pamela Rosen
Nickel Elite Contributor

So during the course of the install, there must be an error during the database service creation.  What does the error say, and is there any information in the event viewer under application and or system event logs?

thanks

Matthew McFadden