Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 won't install - getting SQL Express error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 won't install - getting SQL Express error

[ Edited ]

I am trying to install Act 2009 and I am receiving the error: 

Act! Installer has failed to install SQL EXpress successfully.  Please retry the install or Contact support. 

Please let me know how to fix this.

[Edit: subject updated to reflect topic]

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jackieb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 won't install - getting SQL Express error

You will need to identify the specific error that SQL has when it is installing.  To do this: uninstall Act! 2009 (if it shows in the Add/Remove Programs list) and also uninstall all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 items (unless you have other programs that also use MS SQL 2005).  Reboot the computer and install the MS SQL 2005 program by itself using the instructions in this article: KB Article 19386.

If the manually installation is successful, you will then install the Act! program as normal.

If the SQL installation fails, try to capture and post the error that you receive.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Is there anyone that can help with this?

Solution
Accepted by topic author jackieb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

You will need to identify the specific error that SQL has when it is installing.  To do this: uninstall Act! 2009 (if it shows in the Add/Remove Programs list) and also uninstall all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 items (unless you have other programs that also use MS SQL 2005).  Reboot the computer and install the MS SQL 2005 program by itself using the instructions in this article: KB Article 19386.

If the manually installation is successful, you will then install the Act! program as normal.

If the SQL installation fails, try to capture and post the error that you receive.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for posting the article.  I was able to install Act by following the directions exactly as stated in the article.