Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 on Windows 7 syncing problem

ACT 2009 on Windows 7 syncing problem

We have 10 premium users on a combination of Windows XP and Vista who all sync to a server. 6 months ago we upgraded to ACT 2009 and got everyone working and syncing (after weeks of struggle). Good!  But now we have to add 2 new users who are both running Windows 7 (64-Bit). I don't want to upgrade to ACT 2010 because I just upgraded and spent a lot of time and money to get to ACT 2009.

I realize it is not officially supported, but I installed ACT 2009 Premium onto a Windows 7 machine and it worked fine and read in our database perfectly.  When I tried to sync, it gives me an error message "ACT is unable to connect to the sync server".   I know the Windows 7 machine can talk to the server just fine (via other tests that I've done). 

Has anyone had any success getting ACT 2009 11.1 (Hotfix4) to sync to a server from Windows 7?   Any tips you can offer me to try and get it to work?  It seems like it should be possible since it is working so well from Vista.

Thanks!

Mike

Re: ACT 2009 on Windows 7 syncing problem

Hi Mike,

Just wondered if you got this working?

- Oli

Re: ACT 2009 on Windows 7 syncing problem

Mike, I am in the same situation.  Were you able to resolve the situation?????  Help!