01-05-2009 04:02 AM
The issue I am having is that the attaching program that runs when you attach an email to ACT from Outlook pops up in the bottom right hand corner (but only for a split second before disappearing), this is a normal design function of ACT but the email does not get attached to act and it stays in the queue folder.
An event is also placed in the event viewer reading "An error occured while trying to read the history information on the server."
The design function of the attach to act email add-in for Outlook is that it only stays as an icon in the bottom right hand corner if there was a problem attaching the email, in this case the email does not get attached and the program does not stay in the tray, which makes me believe there is an issue loading the DLL's to run the add-in.
I have tried everything I can think of to fix the problem
Has anyone seen this problem before?
01-05-2009 10:57 AM
Just an addition to this problem, I have found that it is because of a password issue. If the user does not have a password to access ACT this issue does not exist.
Is the problem with how the password is stored in the registry?
Is the problem with how the password is passed to ACT in the xml file to attach the email?
I'm going back to chase the ACT support people who have never seen this issue before.
01-05-2009 12:31 PM
Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. The current workaround is what you've already found - remove the user's password. This issue will be fixed in the next update that will be released in the near future. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.
01-06-2009 04:09 AM
Thank you for the information.
Is there any way edit the way the attach email to act application creates the xml files that it uses to attach the emails to act because if you were able to permanently set that this file is created using the password as plain text and the encryption as false the attaching will work.
I tested this by editing the xml file in the history queue and then it was attached without any problems.
The work around to remove all my users passwords kind of defeats the purpose of security, so if there is a way to get the app to change the way it creates the xml files it would be a better work around.
Thanks again for your input.