Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 does not have Outlook 2010 as an option for adding as an email-what is a work around, I have tried them all!

ACT 2009 does not have Outlook 2010 as an option for adding as an email-what is a work around, I have tried them all!

I have Act 2009 and it does not allow me to add my outlook email as an email so i can do a mail merge. I have only the option of internet email, which I do not want. I have been trying to fix this problem since yesterday morning-I have uninstalled and reinstalled my ACT so that the outlook is installed first, I have tried a number of other work around..please help! A phone call would be great too Smiley Happy 425 478 4153. Help right away would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

Erika

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 does not have Outlook 2010 as an option for adding as an email-what is a work around, I have tried them all!

[ Edited ]

Hello Erika,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. Outlook 2010 will not be an option in ACT! 2009, as that version of ACT! does not support Office 2010. The only option I know of is an inexpensive add-on that should allow compatibility with two softwares. I believe it has a free trial: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/.

Please note that after installing the add-on, that for MS Word, you will not see the 2010 option, but choosing the 2002,2003,2007 option should allow compatibility. You should also see Outlook as an email option and the Export to Excel icon in the list views should also be available. This add-on was designed for ACT! 2010-Office 2010, but should work with ACT! 2009 as well.

If the add-on does not work, then you will either need to downgrade Office to the 2007 version, or upgrade to ACT! 2011 or 2012.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.