Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 and Outlook 2003. Address book link is setup in Act but doesn't appear in Outlook

Tuned Listener

ACT 2009 and Outlook 2003. Address book link is setup in Act but doesn't appear in Outlook

Hi

We have a shared database on a server for approx. 20 users.  One user had a new Outlook profile created.  I went through the address book procedure in Act to link the two together but no toolbar appears in Outlook and there is no option to add the ACT address book in Outlook.  I have removed and added the address book in ACT a couple of times as well as a few reboots etc.  Any help woould be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 and Outlook 2003. Address book link is setup in Act but doesn't appear in Outlook

There are many reasons why this does not appear but generally I have found it is because it is disabled in Outlook or the registry entry is a problem

I have also found if you go to the following reg key and delete the entries Outlook will often then rebuild correctly

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookAddressBooks

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2009 and Outlook 2003. Address book link is setup in Act but doesn't appear in Outlook

Thanks for the suggestions.  There is no ACT add-in available to enable or disable in Outlook.  I tried the registry fix but still not working.  Should I just uninstall and re-install ACT?