Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Ver 11.0 How to setup history for ACT user?

ACT 2009 Ver 11.0 How to setup history for ACT user?

Current ACT user can see history like emails sent to a contact when lookup is done by contact info. But is it possible for this user to see he sent an email to a contact under his own history? how do I set it up?

Thanks,

MDuarte

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Ver 11.0 How to setup history for ACT user?

I am not sure if that version allowed you to include who sent the email or not (tools/preferences/email/email setup).  But I would discourage it.  First, you have a lot of extra overhead and data in the database.  Also, imagine if you have 5,000  contacts and you email 100 contacts a day.  It would be impossible to try and sort and search all those emails under the user record.  The beauty of ACT! is that everything revolves around the contact.  I guess I am missing the reasoning behind the request.  It would be much easier to see the emails that you sent "John Doe" than to look at every email for every contact.  Besides, the emails are available in the sent folder of Outlook.   Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: ACT 2009 Ver 11.0 How to setup history for ACT user?

Thanks Brenda. I will take a look at it, since the user mentioned he was able to do it before I though it was an easy fix. You are right about the overhead, for some reason this user finds it better to look under his own history if he sent or modified something under "johns" contact that checking on "john's" history itself. I hope I'm explaining it right. Thanks for your help I will check with the user and see what else I can do.

Miguel Duarte