Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Premuim Activity tab error message

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 Premuim Activity tab error message

[ Edited ]

Dear Forum,

On a Vista installed laptop running ACT 2009 Premium when clicking on the ACTIVITIES tab in contact view the following error message appears

Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime

I think it is also linked to the issue that in the TASK view, tasks are there but can not be seen or accessed and also CALENDAR items don't show, obviously all filtering is off and options are correct to view what I need to.

Has anyone seen anything like this, any help is much appreciated.

Message Edited by ferginarg1 on 02-06-2009 11:31 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ferginarg1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Premuim Activity tab error message

For anyone who has this problem in the future, the problem arises from a corrupt activity date, how I fixed my particular problem was to make sure all past activities are marked as completed or erase them.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who finds at some point they have this problem with Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Justin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

This sounds like it may be a conflict with your Date/Time Settings. I would check this 2 things:

- Verify you have the correct Date and Time set for Windows

- In the Control Panel, go to Regional & Language Settings, click "Customize this format", and make sure your Date and Time settings are in a valid format

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Greig, I thought the same which I should have said in my original post, I have checked this and it didn't solve the issue.

I also tried determining whether it is ACT or my database or the Vista computer by checking the following

- opening the ACT demo database (does not have the same problem, the tasks and calendar views open and display correctly.)

- recreating the remote database (problem still exists)

- creating a new remote database (problem still exists)

- unpacked the remote database onto a XP machine (problem does not exist, calendar and tasks display correctly)

So basically there is an issue with my database and Vista, but what??

Message Edited by ferginarg1 on 02-10-2009 02:06 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author ferginarg1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

For anyone who has this problem in the future, the problem arises from a corrupt activity date, how I fixed my particular problem was to make sure all past activities are marked as completed or erase them.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who finds at some point they have this problem with Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Justin