Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Premium open .adt

ACT 2009 Premium open .adt

Hello,

I was working on a ACT 2009 v11 version, and i created a lot of templates with the .adt extension.

I now work on a ACT 2009 Premium v11 version, and it seems that i cannot open the adt file created before in order to work with it. Only .tpl files...

How can I use/convert my .adt files into the new format .tpl and continu to work with them ?

Thank you very much.

Sorry my english is not quite good, so I hope that you will understand my issue.

Thank you 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Premium open .adt

Hello Golthran,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. If you are only seeing .TPL files, then you probably have the ACT! Word Processor selected as your default word processor. In order to see your .ADT files, you will need to make MS Word your default word processor. You can do this by going to Tool > Preferences and then selecting the option under the Communications tab.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your quick answer. I did what you said, but unfortunately i cannot choose another option in Default application. I only have ACT! Word Processor...I don't have the opportunity to select another choice.

Regards, 

What version of MS Word do you have installed? In order for ACT! 2009 to recognize Word, you would need to have either Word 2002(XP), 2003 or 2007.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you very much for your help. I had Office 2010 on my computer, so I had to get back to 2007..It is working perfectly now. One last question if you don't mind.

I would like to know if it is possible to synchronize my ACT! 2009 Premium with an ACT! 2009 Basic database without altering the basic version ?

Thanks !! 

Unfortunately not. In order to synchronize, the remote database and the main database need to be the same version, same build, and same product tier.

Greig Hollister