Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Premium Missing Icons In Outlook & No History for Email

ACT! 2009 Premium Missing Icons In Outlook & No History for Email

Running ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Probably made the first mistake of installing Office Professional 2007 AFTER I installed ACT!

I have 3 problems:  1) My emails through Outlook don't show up in the history & 2) ACT icons don't appear in Outlook and 3) I get an error message when I try to add ACT address book to Outlook.

When I try to add ACT address book to Outlook, I get the following error message,"This account you added is not fully configured.  It might not work properly until re-configured correctly."  So, it won't let me add the ACT address book and I'm not sure how I am supposed to re-configure it correctly.

Any ideas?????

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium Missing Icons In Outlook & No History for Email

I've had similar problems with this. How I fixed is going into regedit> ACT>Outlook address books and clear the passwords in address books 1,2,3. Then go into ACT>Preferences and set up your outlook email preferences again.

Nickel Super Contributor

Zak - reinstalling Office is your best bet - ACT! just doesn't play nice if your Office installation (or reinstallation) happens after your ACT! installation.
Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

So....are you suggesting that I uninstall ACT AND Office 2007 and then reinstall Office 2007 first and then ACT second?  Otherwise, I would be reinstalling Office 2007 AFTER I still had ACT on my system. 

Please clear up the sequence -- thanks!

Okay, what if I'm not a Pro with Regedit?  I would need more information than Regedit>ACT>Outlook Address Books.  This is not an intuitive area of the PC for me.  If I make a mistake it could really foul up my machine -- right? 

Can you be more specific as far as WHERE in regedit to go and which fields to change?

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Zack,

If you open up the start menu and go to run (search programs or files in  vista or windows 7) and type in regedit. This will open up registry editor.

From there go to HKEY_Current_User, drop that down; find software- drop that down, ACT-drop that down, Outlook Address books--Drop that down. Now there should be a 1,2,3.

Highlight 1 and then go to the right hand window, double click password and a window will pop up. Delete the information in the field and do the same for 2 and 3.

After that, open up ACT and go into Tools>preferences>Email setup and run through the wizard again. This should make the ACT buttons appear in Outlook.

As for history not showing up in ACT, is ACT.Outlook.service.exe running? you may need to restart this service. Furthmore if you could go into your history queue and delete all pending messages this should clear up any mess for you to attach new emails into history.

hope this helps

Message Edited by Jbickle on 02-04-2010 12:58 AM

Hi Jbickle,

Thank you for you help!

I was also having problems with adding the ACT! database to Outlook.  It wouldn't let me and gave me some kind of error message.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! keeping the databases on the PC and Office 2007 Outlook hooked up to ACT! finally.

This was all because I had to uninstall and then reinstall Office 2007 while ACT! was on the PC--so any time you uninstall and reinstall Office 2007 you must reinstall ACT!