Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Premium Install Error

ACT! 2009 Premium Install Error

Hello I have ACT 2009 Premium Trial Version i want To check it on my PC but When i Click on Setup.exe An error accured shows "Access is denied" i have change to Administrator Account on windows but error apears again and installation dont run Please help.

My windows is 7 ultimate and i have IIS on my PC

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium Install Error

Try right clicking on the Setup.exe file and select 'Run As Administrator' and see if it allows you to run the file.

If that does not resolve: check the Security setting on the Setup.exe file.  Right click on the Setup.exe file > select Properties > select Security tab - make sure that 'Administrators', 'System', and 'your username' have Full Control.  If they do not, update them and try again.

Are you receiving the message as soon as you double click on the Setup.exe file, or are you presented with any installation screens before the message appears?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi

Thanks For Solution , Problem actually caused by Windows permissions after i Make changes you said everything go fine ,

And other question is if i buy act is there any option to translate it to my native language or not?

The Act! program is available in the following languages: English, German, Polish, and Dutch.  It is not currently available in Italian (Italy listed as your country).  You could purchase one of the the other versions, then uninstall the Trial version and install the different version.  If your database starts in an English version, when you open it in a different language version - it will remain in English.

As an alternative, you can rename the labels and fields (most fields) within the database.  This would be done through the Tools > Define Fields and Tools > Design Layouts options.  If you decide to do this, I recommend you create a 'New Database' which will be empty and practice in it.

For information on renaming the fields and customizing the layout, visit these web articles:

How to Manage Fields

Design Layouts

Greg Martin
Sage

i have tried to change Lables on edit mode But Every time i get the same error as "out of context" and i have to terminate the Process i dont know what is the problem

Try this: go to Tools menu > select Preferences > Startup tab > set the 'Startup View' to Contacts.  Then try editing the labels again.
Greg Martin
Sage

Only one thing Remains ; there is no login form inside CRM and every body can see information and no limmitation or rule is on , so is this version only for one user or can we sepprate users somthing like that was on microsoft Dynamic CRM ? can we make organization simulated inside software and creat managers , workers and ... that can access their informations and share up?

To have separate sign-on names (user names) you will multiple licenses.  With Act!, each license you purchase gives the ability to define one 'active' user.  An 'Active' user is a username that has a license assigned to it and they have the ability to sign into the database ('Active' in this instance does not refer to currently signed on users).

Here is some further information about security roles in Act!: Act! Security Levels

Greg Martin
Sage

Ok i have 4 Peoples who must Access to Data bases , so i must Purchase 4 licenses But there is no field to insert new Linceses where can i insert my licences and can this people access ACT from a network somthing like a web base software or i shuld install my software on each user's PC?

To add the additional licenses you will open Act! and go to the Help menu and select 'Register Act!'.

Unless you purchase the Act! for Web version, you will install the Act! program on each workstation that will need access to the database.  Here are instructions for sharing your database over a network: How to Share Act! database over Network

Greg Martin
Sage