Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Premium - Freezing

ACT! 2009 Premium - Freezing

Hello all, 

I have a user on ACT! 2009 that is experiencing issues when creating a New Opportunity.  The first couple work fine, then the whole system freezes on the next creation.  I have double checked system requirements, updated Windows, and also uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! all to no avail.  I should also add that repairing the database did not help and the user does not encounter the same problem when attempting to use ACT! on another computer. 

Any suggestions?  Could I have overlooked something?

Thanks in advance!

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium - Freezing

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! to no avail.  and in looking at the ACT! Log Viewer at the time of the freezing issue, I have found the following information:

Error Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Act.UI.ContactViews.ContactDetailView..ctor()

Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello TSCTroy,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Since this is machine specific, it is most likely damaged Sage ACT! Preference files.  To rebuild the preferences on that particular machine, use the section "Alternate Method: Manually Rebuild Preferences" of the following article: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for responding!

I have followed the steps in the kb article you send me to manually rebuild Preferences and I am still get the same error along with a new message.  Their contents follow:

Same Exception as before:

Error Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Act.UI.ContactViews.ContactDetailView..ctor()

New Error Message:

Error Message: CalendarViewUIElement::GetDisplayShowHidePreference error.Act.Shared.Config.MissingValueException: No Value with requested Preference Key.Calendars/Filters/ShowHideFilter
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.GetValue(String name, Boolean DB)
   at Act.Framework.Preferences.UserPreferences.GetObjectValue(String name)
   at Act.UI.CalendarViews.CalendarViewUIElement.GetDisplayShowHidePreference()

Do you have any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Just to verify if it is user or machine specific, sign into the database with a different username on the problem machine.  Does the issue remain? 

Greg Martin
Sage