Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Premium 11.1/SQL 2005 (ACT7) Service Issue?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 Premium 11.1/SQL 2005 (ACT7) Service Issue?

One Remote user had the following issue on her Vista SP1 laptop:

The SQL Server (ACT7) service terminated with service-specific error 3414 (0xD56). (from Application event log)

The log scan number (28:336:1) passed to log scan in database 'model' is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication. Otherwise, restore from backup if the problem results in a failure during startup. (from System event log, repeats)

The SQL Server (ACT7) service won't start.  I'm just posting this here in case someone else has run across this.  I'm goign to uninstall ACT 2009 completely and start over to resolve the SQL issue.  That should fix this issue.  However, I'd gladly accept recommendations from our technical buddies at Sage.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Premium 11.1/SQL 2005 (ACT7) Service Issue?

Correct. I had already removed ACT 2009 and reinstalled completely.  This was the simplest solution and got the system back up an running quickly.  Everything is working good now.

View solution in original post

All Replies

You will need to reinstall SQL to fix this issue.  Make sure Windows Firewall and UAC are off before installing.
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Correct. I had already removed ACT 2009 and reinstalled completely.  This was the simplest solution and got the system back up an running quickly.  Everything is working good now.

I uninstalled and re-installed and it didn't work. I finally got SQL Server ACT7 to install but it still will not start. I have uninstalled and re-installed the SQL, and I still have the same issue.

I have deleted the old registry additions, etc. I am running Windows 7 32-bit ultimate. Can anyone help?

Copper Super Contributor

To clarify, when I uninstall ACT 2009, I also uninstall the SQL instance associated with ACT.  Sage also has a software tool that will completely remove all files and registry keys for ACT.  I think it's called the ACT Removal Tool.  In any case, I start with a fresh install of ACT through the normal install procedures that includes installing SQL as part of it. 

Make sure you don't have SQL 2008 installed when installing the ACT SQL 2005 database.  We've run into problems before where the SQL install fails under these conditions.

Vista Ultimate shouldn't be a factor in this software.  If the SQL Service doesn't start, it's usually because of a corrupted SQL file, the computer name has changed, or the account that the service runs under has a problem. My two cents.