Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

ACT 2009 - Missing attachments on document tab on remote databases.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Posts: 7
Country: Italy
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 - Missing attachments on document tab on remote databases.

Hello,

We have just updated several databases form ACT 2007 to ACT 2009.

We have one centralized ACT 2009 server, with several clients syncing their remote databases with the main server.

 

Users report that some documents are missing from the document tab. Trying to open those missing files results in the following error:

"There was an error  opening the attachment. It may have been deleted by another user, created on a database that does not synchronize attachments, or you may not have access to the file path".

 

Every user use the same syncset where Synchronization of Attachments and Supplemental files is enabled. Also, the main database is Shared.

 

I have found  2 kb documents that seems to rely with my issue:

Supplemental Files Fail To Sync When Using Network Synchronization

Security Setting for Synchronizing Attachments and Supplemental Files

 

I have planned to follow the instructions given in the 2 documents, basically:

- enable the guest account on the server

- running the Network SyncServer with an account that has administrative privileges on the server and all the client computers.

 

Then recreate SyncSet and remote databases on the server.

Finally, delete remote databases and import the newly created database.

 

Since it is a very time consuming task, I'd like to have some feedback or advices before trying it:

coul this be the correct approach to address this issue?

there areother factors to take into account?

are there any other wotkaround that I can try before?


Thanks for any reply

 

 Gabriele


Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ecohmedia
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 7
Country: Italy

Re: ACT 2009 - Missing attachments on document tab on remote databases.

Thinks the problem is solved now!

 

I followed the instructions of the mentioned kb articles

Supplemental Files Fail To Sync When Using Network Synchronization

Security Setting for Synchronizing Attachments and Supplemental Files

 Basically:

- enable the guest account on the server

- running the Network SyncServer with an account that has administrative privileges on the server and all the client computers.

 

Then recreated SyncSet and remote databases on the server.

Finally, deleted remote databases and imported the newly created database.

 

This seems to have done the trick. Some attachments were still inaccessible, and had to be deleted and recreated by the user who attached it.

After that, noone further problems have been reported, so I really believe the issue is solved. 

 

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Copper Contributor
Posts: 7
Country: Italy

Re: ACT 2009 - Missing attachments on document tab on remote databases.

Hi,

I've tried the steps suggested in the kb articles without recreating the remote database, namely:

I've enabled guest user access on the server and created an adminstrative account on the clients, which is the same account used to run the Network SyncService on the server. 

But this hasn't resolved the problem yet, now my only idea is to recreate the remote databases and sync sets, but I'm at a loss, and I'm not confident that this should do the trick.

 

Anybody have experienced the same issue?

Solution
Accepted by topic author ecohmedia
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 7
Country: Italy

Re: ACT 2009 - Missing attachments on document tab on remote databases.

Thinks the problem is solved now!

 

I followed the instructions of the mentioned kb articles

Supplemental Files Fail To Sync When Using Network Synchronization

Security Setting for Synchronizing Attachments and Supplemental Files

 Basically:

- enable the guest account on the server

- running the Network SyncServer with an account that has administrative privileges on the server and all the client computers.

 

Then recreated SyncSet and remote databases on the server.

Finally, deleted remote databases and imported the newly created database.

 

This seems to have done the trick. Some attachments were still inaccessible, and had to be deleted and recreated by the user who attached it.

After that, noone further problems have been reported, so I really believe the issue is solved.