Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 for Web Problems

ACT 2008 for Web Problems

I have been through the installation of ACT for Web at least 3 times with ACT support personnel & they cannot get the SQL 2005 Standard Edition install to work.  Any help or suggestions as how to resolve the Web Access issues would be greatly appreiated!

ACT Support can only get the software to install SQL Express & then something strange is going on with Web Access once the install is finally completed. I can logon to the web interface once or twice & then I start gettting this error message:

An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists.

Then this message is logged in the Applications Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: AFW
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date:  2/5/2008
Time:  11:52:01 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: SPISERV
Description:
error occured on pageAct.Web Message:Method not found: 'UInt32 Act.ProtexisProvider.ProtexisProvider.GetAllowedRedstoneUserCount()'.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
This is also logged in the event viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Time:  11:52:02 PM
Description:
Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 2/5/2008 11:52:02 PM Event time (UTC): 2/6/2008 4:52:02 AM Event ID: eb3e4da233724ad9b702df24371123df Event sequence: 2 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0  Application information:     Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/APFW-1-128467471022187500     Trust level: Full     Application Virtual Path: /APFW     Application Path: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\     Machine name: SPISERV  Process information:     Process ID: 5132     Process name: w3wp.exe     Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE  Exception information:     Exception type: MissingMethodException     Exception message: Method not found: 'UInt32 Act.ProtexisProvider.ProtexisProvider.GetAllowedRedstoneUserCount()'.  Request information:     Request URL: http://65.110.192.20/apfw/Default.aspx     Request path: /apfw/Default.aspx     User host address: 71.75.75.75     User:      Is authenticated: False     Authentication Type:      Thread account name: SPISERV\actimpersonator  Thread information:     Thread ID: 1     Thread account name: SPISERV\actimpersonator     Is impersonating: False     Stack trace:    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Act.Web.Licensing.ConcurrentLicensing.AddUser(String user, String db)
   at Act.Web.loginPage.logonButton_ServerClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlButton.OnServerClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  Custom event details:
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
And this is the last entry in the event viewer:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: AFW
Event Category: None
Event ID: 9999
Time:  11:52:00 PM
Description:
Storing user preferences in c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\ACT\ACT for Web\Preferences\UserPreferences\

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 for Web Problems

It sounds like you may have an old version of the licensing assembly installed on your system.  Are you upgrading from a previous version of ACT! for Web?

The following error leads me to believe you do have the licensing assembly installed, however it might be an older version that does not have the GetAllowedRedstoneUserCount() method.

Exception type: MissingMethodException     Exception message: Method not found: 'UInt32 Act.ProtexisProvider.ProtexisProvider.GetAllowedRedstoneUserCount()

The licensing assembly file is: Act.Shared.LicProvider.dll

This file is installed to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) on your system which can be found by selecting Administrative Tools -> .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration -> "Manage the Assembly Cache" -> "View List of Assemblies in the Assembly Cache".

Make sure you have the correct version installed.  It may be that you have an older version, or a version with a different date/time stamp.  It also may be that there are multiple versions of this file on your new installation media.  If so, compare them all and experiment with different combinations.  Not the most elegant solution, but something to try anyway...  ;-)

jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Copper Contributor

Note that to use the .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration tool mentioned above you must have installed the .Net 2.0 SDK... otherwise you'll have to mess with the command line under c:\windows\assembly\...
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Platinum Elite Contributor

merlinguy wrote:
I have been through the installation of ACT for Web at least 3 times with ACT support personnel & they cannot get the SQL 2005 Standard Edition install to work.  Any help or suggestions as how to resolve the Web Access issues would be greatly appreiated!

Have you tried this - http://tinyurl.com/26e27s - you'd need to uninstall everything first. Then install SQL as per that link and then install ACT! unless it fails

Where does it not work

Hi,

I am having the same problem as Merlinguy but have no experience with ACT or SQL.   Can you explain again how to correct this error please?

Thanks,

Kate

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

You might try (depending on version) running the LicensingService.exe file from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2302...

Thanks for the quick response.  Act 2008 premium for the web.

Im desktop tech not server but we lack a server admin at the moment, please be patient with me.

sorry ....

ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191
English (United States)
Sage Software, Inc.
© 2007 Sage Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.  The Sage Software logo and ACT! are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc. or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Portions of the ACT! application and associated documentation were created by third parties and are hereby acknowledged as follows: © 2000 Microsoft Corporation. © 2002-2003 The Genghis Group. © 1991-2002 ComponentOne LLC. © 1991-2004 The Imaging Source Europe GmbH. All rights reserved.

I followed the directions but when I run the exe I get a message saying I dont have suffient privlidges and I am logged in as the domain admin.