Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 Ver 10.0.1

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2008 Ver 10.0.1

Will  this new version of Act automatically ID contacts in the database in the E-mail?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 Ver 10.0.1

[ Edited ]
I don't completely understand your question.

Starting with V 9.x the integration between ACT! and outlook is great, the ACT! database becomes an outlook address book.

Message Edited by RealTimeAct on 02-01-2008 05:05 PM
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Platinum Elite Contributor

What do you mean "automatically ID contacts"?

If you want to know the changes made in the 10.01 update, have a look at this article in the ACT! Knowledge Base
Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Ok, I should have been a little more detailed in my question.  Here go's.

I add a contact to my database. Next I send a message to the contact.  When the contact replies via e-mail I would like the contact to be automatically identified by the Act E-mail program or Outlook Mail program, for that matter, as being in my Contact List. I would like to be able to see that I have a message from a contact at a glance when I download my e-mail. In addition,  I would like the reply message from the contact to automatically be added to the contact's history record.

Is this possible in this new version of the program? If so, how?

I have read and re-read the "New Features" for the current new version. I can see in a couple of places where it could be "understood/implied" that this new version will do what I am asking but in reality it does not. I have check this with and without Act being intergrated with Outlook 2003/2007.  Yes, the contact is in both databases.

I am asking the question just in case I missed a step in my installation and setup of the program. 

Yes, I know I can "manually" do this but I want to know if this can be done automatically in this new version of the program. 

This feature has been asked for since I started using this program with Version 3.

-------------
Sheila

Platinum Elite Contributor

Because of the resources required to do this when you get a lot of email... especially if you had a lot of users on a LAN, it's not done automaticlly.

If the email address is in ACT!, it's only two clicks from an open email in Outlook ... click attach to contact, it will automaticall find the contact, click OK
Copper Contributor

Thank you Mike for answering my question.

Like I said, in my last message, I know how to do this manually.  It just would be nice to not have to.

===============

Sheila