Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 Report listing activities not in the group

Copper Contributor

ACT 2008 Report listing activities not in the group

I have a custom report that lists Scheduled activities for a selected group for a selected date.  If a contact from that group has a scheduled activity for the same date but in a different group, it still lists in the group that I am running the report. For example: I am running a report to list meeting activities for the members in group 1 for June 1st - it lists scheduled activities for Jones and Smith. It also lists an activity for Thomas.  Thomas is in this group but does not have any activities scheduled for that day in Group 1.  He does have an activity scheduled for that day in group 2.  Why is it showing when I ask only for group 1 activities? Any ideas or suggestion are appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 Report listing activities not in the group

The ACT! reports data sourcing for groups does not provide for separation of activities for the group from the activities for the group members and all will be reported. Further, because activities are not revealed via the OLEDB data source, you can't use a third party report generator such as Crystal reports directly. You would need to use the ACT! reader to create a data source and then connect that to Crystal reports the create the report you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Hi Roy, Thank you for the information. Are there plans to change this so the members' activities can be reported separately by group?
Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't anticipate a change in the near future. I don't know what the longer future plans might be. The good news is that with version 11.1 Sage is no longer charging for the ACT! reader and it is included in the update. It is even available for earlier versions as a download from the knowledge base.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129