Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 Premium for Web & Mac OS?

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2008 Premium for Web & Mac OS?

I have been reading around on this board various solutions for getting ACT! 2008 to function on a Macintosh computer.  We are using ACT! Premium 2008 for Web (10.0.1.167) and have various field representatives accessing our ACT database with through ACT for Web.

One of our reps uses a Mac and I am having trouble wrapping my head around the correct solution for him.  We would like to find a solution for him to be able to access ACT! for Web on his Mac, but I just discovered MS Internet Explorer is no longer made for Macs.  I am also discovering that ACT for Web does not work with Safari because of no ASP.net comapitiblity?

Is there a way to install any type of plugins for Safari to properly access ACT for Web?  Or would we have to give him a desktop version and use VMWare, Bootcamp or Parallels?  If the latter, which Windows-Emulation-esque software is the best for ACT! 2008 Premium?  I am completely unfamilar with Macs and will need to pass this information on to my Mac using rep.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentm1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 Premium for Web & Mac OS?

Using vmware, Parallels or bootcamp, you'd then be running XP and IE7 - so you could use the full client or Web

View solution in original post

All Replies

Tuned Listener

Okay but we can't upgrade our whole system for one user, so I really would need to find a solution for ACT 2008.  Any suggestions, anyone, based on my original question?

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentm1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Using vmware, Parallels or bootcamp, you'd then be running XP and IE7 - so you could use the full client or Web

ACT! 2010 for Web does not work with Safari on the Mac or PC. I have the latest versions of each and Safari crashes so often and randomly, that it is virtually useless. I am forced back to using VMWare to run WinXP Pro on my Macs so that I can use IE8.

Typical Sage Marketing BS! We spent $10,000 to upgrade 20 users from ACT! 2008 to ACT! 2010 and Safari does not work. 

Bud