Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2008 / Multiple Databases / Multiple Outlook Profiles

ACT!2008 / Multiple Databases / Multiple Outlook Profiles

In our company we use multiple ACT! Database along with Multiple Outlook Profiles.

The service that allows the use of an ACT Database as an address book for the Outlook and allows emails to be added to he database is configured as a tab in the Outlook Profile. However, it appears that if you change it one profile it is changed for all profiles.

I want to setup a one to one map between databases and outlook profiles. Am I missing something or is ACT! just not able to handle this complexity.

Thanks.

Dale
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2008 / Multiple Databases / Multiple Outlook Profiles

You can load three databases in the address book for Outlook, but why are you using multiple database and Outlook profiles?

We basically do contract sales work for different companies. The customer groups are very distinct hence the different databases and we also use different email accounts for communicating with them, hence the multiple profiles.

You should still be able to do this from a single database and a single Outlook profile...

Depending on the ver of Outlook, you can add multiple email addresses and select one when sending

I agree that on the ACT! side of things a single database could be made to work. For Outlook however, I think it would be too easy for people to mistakenly use the wrong return address if it had to be chosen with every email being sent.

Regards

If you use Exchange, you might be able to configure so that emails to certain domains automatically send from a specific address

Dunno if this could be done in Outlook... might be worth asking a Microsoft guy?