Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 10.0.3.182 HotFix 1 Groups and Opportunities lost when doing synchronization

ACT! 2008 10.0.3.182 HotFix 1 Groups and Opportunities lost when doing synchronization

Hello,

We use limited access on our records.  When I change the access from one sales rep to different rep the opportunities and groups are lost when the new rep syncs.  The main database does not show the opportunity when I am logged in as administrator. If I click on the Opportunity List select the original sales rep and right click on the opportunity I can see it.

Also the groups show in the main database not the new reps remote database.

When I put the record back into the original reps name and he syncs everything shows in the main database.

I have run the DF fixer on all the remotes and main databases.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 10.0.3.182 HotFix 1 Groups and Opportunities lost when doing synchronization

Hello twinb1,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to your issue, does this only happen with the one remote user, or does it happen with others as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: ACT! 2008 10.0.3.182 HotFix 1 Groups and Opportunities lost when doing synchronization

[ Edited ]

Hello Greig, 

I have had it happen to two of the users - the records being reassigned are form the same sales rep.

You had mentioned you ran the DB fixer. Have you also run the database rebuilds in ACT! Diagnostics? Specifically, you want to run rebuilds for Sync Objects and Security. Make sure ACT! is closed when running this. In addition, run standard maintenance from within ACT! by clicking Tools > Database Maintenance > Check & Repair. Do this on the main database and the new reps remote database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have not run the database rebuilds in ACT! Diagnostics - not sure where that is, but will look for it and run it.

I run Check & Repair everyday after my back ups.  I will run the diagnostics and post my results.

Thank you

You can find instructions for running ACT! Diagnostics in Knowledgebase Article 19642.

Greig Hollister

sorry for such a late reply - I have done all of the below steps. i am wondering if it has to do with the fact that the opportunity was created by a different rep and the sync only gets the record managers data ?

Bronze Elite Contributor

________________________________________________________________________________________________

We use limited access on our records.  When I change the access from one sales rep to different rep the opportunities and groups are lost when the new rep syncs.  The main database does not show the opportunity when I am logged in as administrator. If I click on the Opportunity List select the original sales rep and right click on the opportunity I can see it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there a possiblity that it is a private opportunity ?.

You state " If I click on the Opportunity List select the original sales rep and right click on the opportunity I can see it.".  Which database, main or remote? When you right click on the opportunity and you see it,what exactly do you mean?  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog