Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 .net(?) issue

Copper Contributor

ACT 2007 .net(?) issue

I have a client that has several users all using act 2007 successfully in a sync environment.  ACT version 9.0.557  Windows XP professional.  One machine refuses to run ACT.  Installation is successful, without error SQL is working and actdiag accesses the database list etc just fine.  When you try to execute actsage.exe the message "act has encountered and error and needs to close" is given and act dies. I have uninstalled/reinstalled act and SQL uninstalled and reinstalled .net 2 (from the act dependencies folder) all to no avail.  I'm looking for any port in a storm on this one as an update to a newer version of ACT is not going to happen with this client.  One wild card which I can't see having an impact on act simply startuing up, is this machine is using Office 2007.  other users have earlier versions of office.

Any thoughts would be welcome

Scott Holmes

holmes@cornerstonesolutions.com

Employee

Re: ACT 2007 .net(?) issue

Hi Scott,

I agree having office 2007 installed shouldn't be causing an issue but Act! Will not integrate with this.

Have you checked windows eventviewer (Application Logs) to see if this throws any more info on the error?

Also you could run the Act logviewer to see if this sheds any light on the problem - This is in the installation directory and called logviewer.exe

THanks

Chris

Copper Contributor

Thanks.  Yes the event viewer shows a .net 2.0 error created on actsage.exe  Other than that it doesn't tell me much (that's why I did the un/reinstall on .net).  I'll try the logviewer.

Scott

Employee

Scott,

when you removed .net 2.0 did you also, remove (uninstall) other versions of .net llike (3.0, 4.0).

- If you did not then follow the steps

- uninstall ACT 2007

- uninstall .net in higher to lower versions (do not uninstall .net 1.0/1.1)

- reboot computer

- then reinstall ACT 2007 (from CD or Downloaded version of ACT 2007).

Raj

Copper Contributor

I wondered about that and in fact .net 3 is on the machine.  I'll post the result.  Thanks!