Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 issue (.net error)

Copper Contributor

ACT 2007 issue (.net error)

Aplogies for the repost on this but I have some additional info and am hoping someone can provide some insite even though this is an unsupported version.

Client cannot run ACTSage.exe.  An immediate error is produced.  The event viewer shows this to be a .net error detailed (from the event viewer)  here...

EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 9.0.557.0, P3 453f9008, P4 system.drawing, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333aeaf, P7 13e, P8 14, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.

The text of the error is

"ACT! 9x/2007 Workgroup has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I have.

Uninstalled ACT and the ACT7 SQL instance, Uninstalled all versions of .net down to 1.1 and restarted.

Installed ACT (successfuly, or at least without erroor).  A bit suprised that it doe not automatically install .net 2.0.  I manually installed .net 2 from the dependencies folder after the fact.

Still getting the same error.  ACTDemo connects to the SQL instance just fine

Thanks in Advance for any input.

Scott Holmes

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2007 issue (.net error)

If you haven't already, I'd try updating to Hotfix 3
Also try deleting the Prefernces
Copper Contributor

Tried deleting the preferences but will try again.  I believe they are up to HF3 but (again), I'll check.  Thanks for the input.

Scott

Platinum Elite Contributor

Network or single user?
If network, same for everyone?
As only one DB, tried ACTDIAG repairs?
Copper Contributor

Single user but a sync database, no other users having the issue.  The problem does not appear to be database specific as it occurs before ACTSage.exe can ever get going.  

Scott

Platinum Super Contributor

From your original post: "Installed ACT (successfuly, or at least without erroor). A bit suprised that it doe not automatically install .net 2.0. I manually installed .net 2 from the dependencies folder after the fact.".

This may be an indication that there is still an issue with .Net. The installation of ACT! should have detected that .Net 2.0 wasn't installed and included it.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Understood but since all versions of .net (above 1) were successfully uninstalled and the machine restarted what would "fool" act into thinking that 2 was already on the machine?

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately I can't answer 'what was remaining of .Net that made ACT! think it was still installed'.  You may want to try uninstalling .Net (and ACT!) again, then use this Microsoft tool to clean up the .Net installs: AStebner Blog .NET Removal Tool

Being that you installed .Net 2 after the ACT! install, at this point you may only need to uninstall/install ACT!.

Greg Martin
Sage