Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 - Shared databases accessed through Citrix, all databases saved on network drive

Tuned Listener

ACT 2007 - Shared databases accessed through Citrix, all databases saved on network drive

I would like to create a new database. The database needs to be on our network drive and shared with 12 users. What is the best method do create the new database? Can it be created directly on the network drive, or does it need to be created locally and moved? Created locally then backed up and restored to network drive? Thank you.
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2007 - Shared databases accessed through Citrix, all databases saved on network drive

Jenna,

I would create the database locally, backup and restore to it final location. You are aware that you will need to have an ACT7 instance running on the drive where the database is to be hosted.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2007 - Shared databases accessed through Citrix, all databases saved on network drive

Yes, we have ACT installed on the network drive that we work from.

Thank you for that quick post to my question!