Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 Premium - Failed to sychronize - out of memory error on the server

ACT 2006 Premium - Failed to sychronize - out of memory error on the server

We are currently running ACT 2006 Premium with 5 users.  4 of the 5 users are able to sychronize without a problem but 1 is receiving a "Failed to Synchronize with the server.  Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server."  The master database that the users are syncing to is on an XP machine with 4GB of ram.  There is also plenty of disk space which should be irrelevant but I am adding that just in case.  The other users are not experiencing the same problems syncing.  Why would just one of the users have this problem and what can be done to fix? 

I have backed up the indivdual's database and tried to both repair and re-install ACT.  I have tried to erase the temp files that i can find as suggested by another user and have closed down everything but ACT on the server and am still having the problem.  Any further suggestions?  The user is getting the message that if they do not complete a sync in the next couple of days that they will be locked out of the database.  Help.    Thanks

Scott

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 Premium - Failed to sychronize - out of memory error on the server

I recently ran into this problem with some 2007 users, and by using ACTDIAG to rebuild the synch objects AND constantly clearing out the Windows Temp folder (not the profile temp folder), I was able to work through a few synch efforts until it finally worked reliably. It took some RDB files over 10 attempts before working through all the files queued up for synching, but it did finally work.

I should also add that we moved the database from an XP workstation to a 2003 server, and it worked even more reliably moving forward.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca