Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 20.1 Upgrade Experiences

Highlighted

Re: ACT 20.1 Upgrade Experiences

No updates are pending.

So i looked-up the newest SQL server and they show SQL Server 2014 SP2. We all only have the SQL server 2014 (no service pack)

If i download this should i put it on the main ACT server and then go out to the remote databases and have each one of them download and install it as well?

Do you think this will help the problem?

Highlighted

Thanks David,

Turning it on is the easy part, i was already offered this option.

The price we pay for licenses it should work automatically

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Not sure if I am picking up another bug to do with sync.

Client now running ACT 20.1 / 6 on server with local and remote users. 

Change made to schema locally and no problems in office but remotes users who are not ACT administrators do not get usual ACT wants to send Schema updates message and just syncs but fails on check for errors at the end. If I log onto their machines and run sync as an ACT administrator I get Schema update message - ACT locks the database and completes sync normally.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

More information - More complaints from different clients. Almost certainly a problem with update 6 as only happened after this update. A number of clients also complaining that they are on update 6 but still being nagged to apply the update 6 patch. Could do with a fix for both these bugs as soon as possible as it is going to affect a growing number of people.