Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 18. Will this cure continuing issues with WORD ADD-INS

Copper Contributor

ACT 18. Will this cure continuing issues with WORD ADD-INS

Posted before regarding this issue.

Will ACT18 cure continuing issues with WORD and ADD-IN's ????

We have 2 new (Oct 2015) PC's running Windows 10 and ACT17. Both PC's now have non functional Quick Print buttons, therefore the only workaround is to "save as" then  print normally then click "add-ins" then click "record history" etc. A very laborious procedure. ADD-IN's can be moved to the "ACTIVE" area via the WORD options menu only to drop out next time a document is generated.

I've tried the "regedit" load behaviour change to 9 which only enables the work around as above.

Also can't use Outlook ADD-IN's but that's the least of my problems.

I don't want to waste time and money upgrading if these issues havn't been addressed.

Administrator

Re: ACT 18. Will this cure continuing issues with WORD ADD-INS

Hi Malc,

I can't guarantee that in your scenario that upgrading to v18 would resolve your issue, but we have seen the upgrade resolve other Office related issues in the past. However, I would firstly strongly suggest speaking to your ACC/BP, or our tech support team about getting some help with the issue directly, as these particular ones can be tricky to track down and troubleshoot.
Copper Contributor

Pretty much got ACT 17 and WORD ADD-INS to live together happily by setting Load behaviour to 9 etc as previously suggested.

However, the first ACT template selection of the day will knock Word ADD-INS into the "Inactive area". Put them back manually and everything will work OK

for the rest of the day. The problem as far as I can see is the load time for the ADD-IN's when first selecting a template. Is there anyway of extending the threshold that Office 2013 considers to be knock out time?

Administrator

Hi Malc,
We aren't aware of a way to extend the threshold for making addins inactive for Word. We have previously tackled this issue using common troubleshooting methods such as disabling UAC, and running Word as admin.