Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 16 Upgrade on one of serveral databases fails - 16.0.xxxx to 16.2 and or 16.3 local databases, 1 out of 4 fails to upgrade

ACT! 16 Upgrade on one of serveral databases fails - 16.0.xxxx to 16.2 and or 16.3 local databases, 1 out of 4 fails to upgrade

Dear Team,

My customer recently updated his version 16.0.xxx of the Premium version to 16.2.xxx - latest in the ACT WEB install.  This update database routine was also tested with the problem database using 16 SP3 of the non-web version.

ACT Schema failure:

*********** Schema Update failed **************
*********** Exception message follows *********

TBL_SYSTABLEKEY_SYNC_TRI: Processing error occurred in Sync Trigger

TBL_SYSTABLEKEY_SYNC_TRI, Table TBL_SYSTABLEKEY - No LUIDID value

in CTL_SYNCTABLE.
The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.
Rebuild table keys for foreign keys2015-05-27 00:20:18.390

Schema Update failed.

I had already did the database intergrity check, actdiag, rebuilt indexes, databases, tested database etc etc and everything passed.

Any idea how i can correct the problem listed above?  can i delete the table or something?  After the failure, i can attempt to open the database, and it asks for the user name and password as per normal but says after the databased cannot be accessed etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Grant

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 16 Upgrade on one of serveral databases fails - 16.0.xxxx to 16.2 and or 16.3 local databases, 1 out of 4 fails to upgrade

Hello Grant,

This would need to go to database services, they have the schema script and should be able to update it for you.

I believe its free as well

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Re: ACT! 16 Upgrade on one of serveral databases fails - 16.0.xxxx to 16.2 and or 16.3 local databases, 1 out of 4 fails to upgrade

Thanks!
I don't understand, how,to I go about getting the schema repair tool?

Thank you!
Grant
Copper Elite Contributor

What happens if you open the demp database, does it open up without a error?

Kurt Rosemann

Hi There,

i can open all databases and they convert to the update version 16.0.xxx --> 16.2 or 16.3 without any issue except for the one.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello,

You will need to contact database services in the US, call the support number and tell them you need to contact database services.

They will be able to run SQL scripts to update the database, it used to be free, not sure if they have changed the policy or not.

Kurt Rosemann

Kurt is right on the money with this one.  We have several internal tools for repairing databases in regards to a faulty upgrade, or schema update errors.

Here's is our Knowledgebase article for Database Services: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24758/kw/database%20services

At the bottom of that article is a PDF file that we need you to fill out and send to us.  Simply check the 'Evaluation' option when you get to that point.  Once we have looked at the database, and have understood the complexity of the issue, we will talk to you in regards to how much it will cost to fix, if any cost is associated.  We usually only charge for hard or complex issues with a database.

In that PDF file is a series of instructions on how to get your database ready.  If you cannot follow those steps, please contact us at support, or email the repair services email address listed in the PDF.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

Dear Billy, Thank you for this link and information. The problem is relatively simple. There seems to be a foreign key (only 1) that the upgrade from version 16.0 to 16.2 or 16.3 sql schema doesn't like and fails. The data is clean working, rebuilt etc etc within 16.0 so the simple upgrade to 16.2, in theory, shouldn't have such a problem. I believe it was my customers custom fields ( maybe 20 or so) that he added to the standard database is where the problem started. The customer became frustrated and decided not to use that particular database anymore. I Actually would like to find out what went wrong with it. Thanks once again for your help. Grant Meyer