Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 11 Sales Opportunity Pipeline Report problems in MS Word

ACT! 11 Sales Opportunity Pipeline Report problems in MS Word

When generating a pipeline report in ACT! 6 and then producing as an RTF document, the data was displayed as tab separated text, which could then easily be edited in MS Word and combined with other information into a final report. I cannot do this with an ACT! 11 pipeline report as the information is displayed in the RTF document as individual 'stories' (like selectable text boxes) that you cannot easily move about.

Is there a fix for this problem? I hope so because it's driving me nuts and it makes me want to go back ACT! 6, bu i can't. If anyone has any ideas I'll really appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks

Andrew

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! 11 Sales Opportunity Pipeline Report problems in MS Word

Andrew,

I just did this with the demo database and it is editable in Word2007 using the RTF option.

I have attached the output so you can open this one and it may then be a problem with your copy of Word as I think this is working as intended.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 11 Sales Opportunity Pipeline Report problems in MS Word

If run the report from the Report Designer and save that as an .RTF file, then that file will not be easily edited in Word. However, when you save the report, close the designer, and run it from the Reports menu in ACT! with your output option being "Rich-Text File", then you should get a report that is easily editable in Word.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.