Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11 Premium and Outlook 2010. Emails history not recording

ACT 11 Premium and Outlook 2010. Emails history not recording

We have just upgraded our system.

We have four machines in work all with Act! 11 premium and Outlook 2010.  On mine it is fine I can send an email via ACT! using Outlook and the history records on the contact.

On two  machines  my colleagues can send emails via ACT! using Outlook - but then the history does not record on the contact.  Even though all settings as far as I can see are the same as mine.

On last machine when trying to send an email comes up with a COM class factory for component with CLSID  etc  error message and no emails can be sent via ACT!.  Again all settings seem same as mine.

I have checked for the setup.exe file mentioned in other places and this is hown in all of our startup lists.

Any suggestions?

Re: ACT 11 Premium and Outlook 2010. Emails history not recording

Sorry should say ACT! Premium 2011

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 11 Premium and Outlook 2010. Emails history not recording

Hello Pikem,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

For the 2 machines that will not record history: Do you see the Act! add-in icons (8 icons) listed under the Add-ins tab in Outlook?  If they are not displayed (or only 2 are shown), ensure the Act! Address Book has been added to Outlook.  For instructions review the following article: KB Article 23022

For the machine with the error message:  There can be a few different Com Class errors presented, so here are some different articles addressing different error messages:

CLSID {741beefd....}: KB Article 23311

CLSID {0006f03a....}: KB Article 24085

CLSID {0006f03a...} followed by 800702e4: KB Article 26874

Greg Martin
Sage