Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10, word 2003 interface problems

ACT 10, word 2003 interface problems

I installed Act 2008 and Word 2003 on a new laptop running XP Pro SP3, and every time I try to write any document, this error message comes up:

Unable to cast COM object of type ‘word.applicationclass’ to interface type ‘word._application’.  This operation failed because the queryinterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{00020970-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Office, and did a detect and repair with no success...

Re: ACT 10, word 2003 interface problems

Also I should mention that I am a computer consultant, and the ACT problem is on a client's computer, so the more info up front the better, because I cannot run back and forth from his office too often.  Thanks again!

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 10, word 2003 interface problems

I would guess that the problem is registry based within Word. If you change back to the ACT Word processor is the problem still happening. If not then it is most likely Word having the problem.

You could try deleting the normal.dot file or try running one of the registry repair tools as this type of error comes back with many returns in google.

Have you done the latest updates to Office

Hope this helps

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.