Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 10 Premium ST

Tuned Listener

ACT! 10 Premium ST

When installing remote clients with ACT! ST, will they also get a full sql-server with the installation?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 10 Premium ST

I'm not sure what you are actually asking. The ACT! Premium ST version does include a specific ACT! instance of the Satndard version of the MSSQL server.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Tuned Listener

Yes. Now i´m installing this instance (with the full sql server) on the database server. On all the clients i install the ACT! program (from CD2). In this "client" installation of ACT! ST will there be any kind of sql instance installed ? i suppose yes, a sql express instance. is that so? the other part of the question is: we want to use ST because of the limitation of the SQL Express concerning database size and ram efficiency. so on remote clients i would have to install the sql standard, too, wouldnt i ?
Copper Contributor

No, if you do the client install, all goes automaticly. There is no need to do a seperate SQL instance install on the client's stations.

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka "The Dutch Betatester"

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]
Ok but will it be a SQL Express or Standard Version that is installed on the remoteclients ?

Message Edited by brocke on 03-25-2008 04:57 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

It will be SQL Express. It won't be used when they log into the database on the server but if they wanted to create or run a database from their workstation, it would be used. The Standard version of MSSQL will only install on a system running a server version of Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Also, if RAM is an issue, and you're not using Internet Mail, you can actually disable the SQL services on machines not hosting a database.