Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 10 Hooks Into Outlook 2007?

Copper Contributor

ACT! 10 Hooks Into Outlook 2007?

Are there any Hooks into Outlook 2007?  I have installed ACT!10 on a dedicated server for testing and on my laptop which is running WinXPSP2 with Outlook 2007.  When I am in Outlook, I don't see any Icons or Add-ins for ACT! allowing me to attach a message to a contact or sender, but when I am looking into the ACT! Mail client, I can...  Is it because I configured my mail to use ACT! instead of Outlook 2007?  Is it better to send mail from ACT! or should I have all of my users set up to use Outlook?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 10 Hooks Into Outlook 2007?

You will need to add the ACT Address book into Outlook in order to have the ACT icons.

To Add the Address Book to Outlook:

Go to Tools -> Account Settings, then click on the Address Books tab. Under this tab, click on New and select Additional Address Books. Highlight ACT! Address Book and provide the database info it asks for. Once you do that, you'll need to restart Outlook and your ACT Icons should be available to you.
Copper Contributor

Ahhh!!! That makes sense.  I knew I was fogetting something.
Copper Contributor

Well, I just realized something else about this dilemma:

I am working on a TEST version of our database on a separate server, trying to get familiar with version 10.  I have 10 installed on a dedicated Win2k3 server and a client copy of 10 installed on my laptop.  We are still using version 8 in house for production.  Now, what will happen if I add the address book for version 10 to my Outlook profile on my Laptop while NOT adding Version 10's address book to my Outlook profile on my desktop computer?  I need to test email functionality, but I have a Hosted Exchange solution at my company so both my Laptop and my Desktop connect to the same Exchange system?  What kind of trouble am I asking for by doing this?  Or is it safe to try?
Nickel Super Contributor

This is safe to try. When integrating ACT with Outlook, it simply reads the Outlook profile. You shouldn't have any issues with this setup.

Thanks for posting.

Amanda