Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!10 German: Reports are destroyed after...?

ACT!10 German: Reports are destroyed after...?

ACT!10.0.2 Basic or ACT!10.0.3 Premium, german Versions, following problem occured:

Editing a report containing a subreport, save, test = everything ok. Closing ACT and restart = report has been destroyed.

Message in german: ACT by SAGE: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein. Parametername: input.

Translation: ACT by SAGE: Value must not be Null, parametername: input.

Any ideas how to avoid this problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!10 German: Reports are destroyed after...?

This is usually caused by the report returning a "NULL" value on an expected field. Could be invalid characters or, more likely, a missing core field.

Have you tried this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5r265w

Are you saving the report to the same name as the original or a new name? Some reports have special functions that depend on the report name.

Are you editing one of the standard reports? If so there is a chance there is a VB script in the template that was broken by your edits. That could produce the problem you are seeing. Saving the report template does not verify the functioning of the report, that would happen when you try to run the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I was adding special Reportsript to a contact-report, created as "new contact-report", saved several times under a new name.

Reportscript's function is fine, no problems.

Closing the report-designer after a last change to a subreport and saving these, testing the report with an existing lookup, ok to a preview: report was destroyed.

Getting back to a previous version of the report, making the changes as before, save, close, take my time: everything ok.

I now try reducing computer-acceleration and hope to get positive results.

I have occasionally seen the report editor add a bogus XML filter line to a subreport during editing. In the XML report template code, subreports end up located in the Fields section and behave both as a report and as a field. However, a filter XML code line in the subreport will cause the report template to fail. I have been able to repair templates with that problem by directly editing the XML code, however, that is not a task that a novice should try.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129